When you come for an initial consultation with a dietician at Christine Rice & Associates , you will get experienced, one on one advice suited specifically to your health and personal goals.
This will be based on your lifestyle habits, activity level, whether you eat in or out, cook or not, eat on the run or dine, and will be designed with the foods you like incorporated and exclude foods you do not. This is all developed to assist you in achieving your weight goals as easily as possible without complicating your life, being too time consuming or leading to boredom or hunger.
The ultimate goal is to educate you so you can make healthy choices for yourself wherever you are, and so that once you reach your weight/health goal you are able to MAINTAIN it. If you have tried numerous diets unsuccessfully, it is time to get personalized, sound advice that will last a lifetime.
Our consultations are structured as follows:
- 45 minutes
- This is an assessment that covers medical history, dietary history, food intake, anthropometric measurements, goal settings and general dietary guidelines.
- 30 minutes
- The second consultation is generally 1 – 3 days after the first consultation.
- In this appointment we hand over your meal plan and go through it with you in detail.
Follow – up consultations
- 15 minutes
- The follow-up appointments are generally weekly to monthly depending on what is needed. We analyse your food and exercise diary.
- We do all your anthropometry measurements again to monitor your progress. New goal setting, etc.
Vitality nutritional assessment
- 30min minutes. Three can be done per year to gain a minimum of 11 000 point.
- This practice is contracted out of medical aid rates and all fees are charged in accordance with the schedule of fees recommended by the Association for Dietetics in South Africa and with-in medical aid rates.
- Payments can be made via card machine or cash at the time of the appointment.
- An appointment must be cancelled within 24 hour working hours of the time of the appointment. Any appointments not cancelled within 24 working hours will be charged for and will be for the account of the patient